Inside Sales Director
Commvault is currently seeking a Director of Inside Sales to join our EMEA Sales organization. The Inside Sales Director is responsible for the overall sales growth strategies and results of Commvault’s Inside Sales teams in EMEA. Commvault’s Inside Sales team is strategic for the growth of Commvault’s business in the mid-market business working closely with our field Territory Managers and Channel Partners.
Reporting to the VP of EMEA Channel Sales, the Inside Sales Director EMEA is responsible for managing all aspects of a multi-lingual and multi-cultural inside sales department. Major duties include the day to day team management, communication to the Inside Sales Representatives, training and coaching, monitoring and reporting upon individual and team performance and driving the business forward from both installed client retention and from a customer acquisition perspective.
The successful candidate will also be required to assist in the recruitment of additional team members to expand the existing team into new areas. You will manage team activities and performance while contributing as a senior sales expert.
Your team will maximize sales results to small and medium sized customer segment. Along with this, Inside Sales are responsible for driving opportunities up to a threshold value in the Mid-enterprise customer segment.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Build a team that consistently meets and exceeds sales targets.
- Drive pipeline related initiatives/campaigns in close collaboration with the channel partners.
- Monitor employee productivity and motivate the team to reach daily goals.
- Maintain tight management of team’s pipeline to ensure accurate revenue forecasting using Salesforce CRM system.
- Accelerate the ramp time of new hires through training and enablement tailored to the new hire.
- Evaluate and improve inside sales processes.
- Supervise team in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manage interpersonal issues within the department and escalate if required.
- Schedule and lead departmental staff meetings, workshops and functions.
- Report to sales management teams in the regions on sales metrics.
- The ability to work across teams both face to face and remotely.
- Demonstrate alignment with Commvault value of Innovation, Passion, Respect, Integrity, Collaboration and Execution.
- Achieves assigned quarterly/annual sales quota and pipeline in assigned territories.
- Promotes the sale of Commvault’s product offering.
- Proactively works with Channel Partners and Lead Development team to promote pipe building activity which drives new business for our inside sales team.
- Manages day-to-day operation and oversight of team by providing sales guidance, planning, and rigor around forecasting, building pipeline, executing and following up on marketing generated demand generation activity, inbound sales activity and managing customer interaction through our CRM system.
- Leverage Commvault’s sales methodologies to advance and close deals.
- Gather market information from multiple sources, to analyses competition and consumer/market trends.
- Effectively negotiate which is consistent with Commvault’s overall strategy and business interests.
- Hire, train and manage team of dispersed Managers and ISR’s to build a high-performance sales team.
- Coach Managers and ISR’s to develop unique, relevant and compelling business propositions in support of prospecting for new business and competitive displacement.
- Reinforce and monitor the use of customer centric benefit assessments.
- Training and coaching in key Commvault’s processes and behaviors including Commvault’s sales methodologies.
- Continually improve Sales productivity by use of sales productivity tools and methodologies.
- Provide performance feedback on a regular basis that informs and motivates. This includes timely preparation and delivery of performance evaluations, goal-setting documents, informal “check-ins”, team meetings, etc.…
- Operational Excellence.
- Manage expected performance metrics with the team.
- Accurately and timely completion of all reports and forecasts.
- Produce clear and well-articulated territory plans.
- Manage day-to-day sales process, coordinate customer engagement with the channel partners and effectively use Pre-Sales and Technical Support Resources.
- Ensure timely and accurate input of required data into the CRM and time management systems.
Position Requirements include:
- Experience in Inside Sales Management with a proven track record of successful quota delivery within the software industry.
- Proven sales execution skills.
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills with extensive experience in inspiring passion, recruiting, mentoring and developing highly effective sales talent in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Experience of working with the channel partners to drive pipeline and revenue would be preferred as most revenue in the mid-market is transacted through channel partners.
- Sound knowledge, experience and training in industry standard sales processes.
- Highly effective communication skills, and proven collaboration skills with all levels and departments within an organization.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and priorities.
- Experience of collaborating with senior management to develop new processes and initiatives.
- International experience and multi-lingual skills are an advantage.
- Experience of working with cross-functional stakeholders to drive initiatives and changes.
- Consummate people manager with a proven track record of leading sales teams and developing people to achieve their full potential.
- Adaptability and intellect to grow the business within the UK and anticipate/overcome challenges.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and leverage advantages from it.
- Education- minimum graduate level.
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!