Systems Engineering Manager
The Systems Engineering (SE) Manager is responsible for driving software revenue through the effective recruitment, management, mentoring, and training of the district team of systems engineers. The SE Manager works closely with the Regional Systems Engineering Director, Regional Sales Director and Sales Managers to ensure the Pre-sales organisation is effectively able to support sales in converting opportunities and ensure the region has scale and skill sets to support sales opportunities. This is a player/coach position, therefore it is required that the candidate possess strong technical pre-sales, architecture, and major account management skills. It is expected that a percentage of time will be focused on major account technical sales campaigns/management.
The role will have full leadership responsibility for the regional Systems Engineering teams.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Regional Systems Engineering Director.
- Provide technical leadership to the regional Systems Engineering team.
- Provide coaching through technical deal reviews.
- Participate in account planning and opportunity funnel management; work with regional sales management to help formulate sales strategies, aligning appropriate technical resources with the sales campaign.
- Perform discovery while engaging with the customer to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated with the Commvault solutions. Distil the discovery into a concise message, outlining the relevant technical, business, operational, and financial that the Commvault solutions addresses.
- Propose and demonstrate the Commvault solutions through the use of demos, white board, presentations, etc.
- Hire and mentor systems engineers focusing on technical development, strengthening business case creation skills, solution architecting skills, competitive product knowledge, and pre-sales account management skills.
- Assist, as needed, with industry speaking engagements or seminars.
- Create and present the business case surrounded by merits of a to C-level executives.
- Keep abreast of industry trends, best practices, and competing/complimentary products.
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensuring that technical account management best practices are being followed by the systems engineering team.
- Work with internal departments (sales, support, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
Position Requirements include:
- Able to provide technical leadership to a regional team in Benelux.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience and ability to lead culturally diverse teams.
- Experience selling, installing, and architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, content indexing, data analytics, etc.).
- Enterprise application knowledge.
- Experience in the software or storage industry.
- Firm understanding of storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Success penetrating and managing major accounts (Fortune 500-1000).
- Strong work ethic.
- BS or BE in Computer Science/Engineering or related technical field would be a distinct advantage.
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!