Director, Sales Engineering - Benelux & Nordics
In this role you will be responsible for leading a business unit or vertical team of Sales Engineers (SEs) in different Countries supporting Commvault’s sale process. Working in close partnership with the Sales Directors and country mangers, the SE Director will play a critical role in the sales process where their team is responsible for developing the technical architecture, alignment of resources, creating and rolling out various sales programs, and defining and driving a successful system engineering processes to successfully support growth of Commvault’s products. In addition, this role will work closely with Marketing, Customer Services, Technical Support, Professional Services, and Development to achieve sales targets.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Partner closely with the sales management team to meet Commvault business objectives and assure the successful architecture, sale and deployment of Commvault products and solutions.
- Develop, improve, and maintain the Sales Engineering organization and processes to successfully meet and exceed the sales goals.
- Ensure technical, management, and professional development of the SE management team and individual contributors in different countries.
- Plan and manage the team resources and ensure that the teams are efficiently deployed to support a broad range of customers.
- Ensure that the teams are trained and kept up to date across all products, services, and solutions.
- Understand and communicate technical issues and/or enhancement requests from customers back to technical support and appropriate groups.
- Perform strategic win/loss analysis to optimize sales execution and drive product improvements.
- Personally, engage with key customers and accounts to establish relationships with senior and executive management.
- Promote solution selling versus product selling.
- Improve customer experience by streamlining the sharing of information.
- Report on key performance indicators to the Sr Director SE for Tier 2 countries.
Position Requirements include:
- Sales Engineering leadership and notable management experience (5+ years of experience with significant experience managing large teams).
- Must be strong in recruiting and performance management and have a track record of building high performing teams.
- The candidate must demonstrate strong teaming skills to partner laterally with Sales and with the Business Unit.
- Excellent customer handling skills and a professional demeanour are required.
- An extensive knowledge of software and development environments is required.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field. MBA a plus.
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!