Senior Manager, Alliances Marketing (US)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
We are looking for a highly motivated SeniorManager – Alliances Marketing with experience marketing enterprise software and business solutions. This person will be a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic contributor to the marketing effort for Commvault with a focus on a specific strategic alliance. The individual will have high visibility within marketing and sales organizations around the world and the successful candidate should have excellent communications and presentation skills.
The role requires a strong understanding of enterprise-class storage & data management market dynamics, competition and a proven ability to deliver results in cross-functional environments. This position will work closely with product management and worldwide alliance teams to create compelling content and innovative GTM strategies. The position defines and executes on the delivery of the solutions marketing strategy and programs mapping to the company initiatives for alliance partners. This includes product positioning, promotion strategies, marketing strategies, enablement activities and working cross-functionally to initiate and drive innovative and integrated marketing programs aimed at increasing our revenue and market share and solidifying our brand identity. If you like making a difference and being collaborative this role is for you.
- Work with cross functional teams to deliver on the needs for all marketing groups with high quality and timely content. This role is focused on optimizing content for alliance partners’ needs, so adaptation and customization of core messaging for global needs is a must.
- Create, drive and execute the marketing strategy for Commvault solutions as they are aligned to key alliance partners’ and Commvault’s initiatives. The goal of this role is to help monetize the strategic alliance with customized alliance messaging.
- Maintain and exhibit a deep knowledge of the target marketplaces and how the solutions fit into Alliance partner’s portfolios.
- Identify content to execute on the different marketing needs from digital to channel and direct sales that will have high value impact. This content may vary dependent on the current relationship maturity and competitive landscape within a specific target Alliance partner.
- Stay abreast of key competitor capabilities that our solutions will have to beat or match in the defined market segments.
- Identify and articulate differentiated and compelling value propositions based on proof points for the end user, the partners, and sales channels to ensure confidence and competence in sales execution. This value propositions may vary dependent on the current partner landscape and competitive threats within specific target marketplaces.
- Help drive sales enablement through development and curation of persuasive collateral, effective training material and support webcasts, seminars, websites and other Alliance partner facing assets that have a high positive brand impact
- Be a key spokesperson for educating members of the press and industry analysts about the value of Commvault and alliance joint solutions.
- Work closely with solutions and channel marketing teams to support various aspects of demand and lead generation campaigns to enable revenue growth in target markets
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Engineering, Marketing, Information Management, or related field
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience in a B2B environment, with experience in a services or solutions oriented businesses or technology.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong domain knowledge of software storage management, data management, business application and database management
- Excellent ability to determine, communicate and evangelize strategies and vision
- Strong business/financial skills and hands-on customer experience
- Demonstrated flexibility to advance marketing strategies in a fast-paced, fluid, cross-functional, matrixed environment
- Demonstrated success in defining and implementing marketing strategies that cross organizational boundaries
- Excellent program/project management and execution skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
- Demonstrated success in implementing end-to-end marketing activities involving multiple products, groups, audiences and deliverables
- Excellent writing, organization and project management skills
- 5+ years in the software, data protection, or storage industry; 3+ years of experience serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role or field marketing messaging.
- Working or competitive knowledge of broad industry offerings including but not limited to storage, virtualization, servers, cloud, backup and recovery, or information management or experience with complimentary infrastructure offerings such as storage, virtualization, etc.
- Prior experience selling data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, etc) is a plus
Travel approximately 20% of the time
Position can be remotely located, US based.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!