Senior Business Systems Analyst - HRIS
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
This is a critical business facing role within Business Technology team (BT). A BSA is a single point of contact for a functional unit such as HR. This role is responsible for understanding business strategy and focus areas, translating those into IT requirements and prioritization, help move these through IT processes including budgeting, agreement on prioritization and timing with the business stakeholders and delivering on expectations. The main job of this role is to hide complexities of our BT organization and of IT project delivery work as much as we can from the business and provide a streamlined approach for business to engage BT and get technology and processes improvement projects done. A BSA will be accountable for one or multiple functional organizations.
How you will make an impact:
- Understand and communicate our team’s infrastructure and technology offerings as well as current business processes relevant to the business organization being supported
- Learn the business organization, strategy, goals and priorities for the functional org you will own by interacting directly with key business stakeholders and developing own network of contacts
- Keep up with latest tech and productivity trends within business areas of responsibilities
- Help lead roadmap planning activity by providing an insight into your business segment’s demand; prioritize and maintain demand pipeline through engagements with business stakeholders and the BT team
- Set expectations and communicate proactively on deliverables with the business.
- Drive building business case for projects, define ROI, articulate risks and trade-offs in approach
- Drive application and vendor selection process alongside the Procurement and business team – requirements analysis and comparison
- Analyze business and user needs; document requirements
- Document the design, build, and delivery of projects – take projects through BT process working with the business stakeholders and BT owners
- Collaborate with admin and dev teams to ensure the business projects stay on target, on scope, on cost, and on time
- Coordinate change management with the business and provide end user documentation and support where necessary
- Log and track user stories and issues – drive prioritization with the business and BT stakeholders
- Drive resolution of issues and risks
- Manage small, international team of Business Systems Analysts
What you need to be ready:
- 5-7 years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst role, preferably with a focus on HRIS with background in Computer Science or related fields, working close to the development teams and the business teams
- Knowledge of Workday or similar HRIS strongly preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Structured development methodologies including liaising with business stakeholders to write and refine Business Requirement Documents and User Stories
- Good interpersonal skills and written communication skills to frequently interact with various levels of the organization
- Good organizational and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to drive collaboration in cross-organizational team setting without owning resources directly
• Great networking skills to establish great connections across different organizations
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!