Manager, Partner Public Relations
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Manager of Partner Public Relations will be responsible for supporting the global development, coordination and execution of public relations, analyst relations and social media strategies in support of Commvault and its partner ecosystem.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this individual will play a critical role in helping to manage the content creation and editorial processes, advise key Commvault content stakeholders about communication scheduling, best practices and the appropriate vehicles for delivering external partner communications that fall under the purview of the public relations team.
The Partner Public Relations Manager will also be responsible for tracking and measuring PR campaign effectiveness, helping to build out media and thought leadership plans, and social media efforts specific to the Commvault partner ecosystem.
- Drive the external awareness of Commvault’s tight integration with its expansive partner ecosystem to enhance Commvault’s position in the industry as the partner of choice in data management and protection.
- Collaborate with multi-billion dollar partner organizations, including Microsoft, Hitachi, Microsoft, Amazon Web Services and more to plan, create and execute mutually beneficial public relations campaigns that generate significant awareness for the company.
- Work closely with global, internal partner and alliance teams to generate external content that promotes Commvault’s work with partners in the areas of innovation, product announcements and joint customer wins for journalists, analysts, bloggers and social influencers.
- Coordinate activities between regional communications teams and PR agency partners in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Create media pitches that effectively communicate the company's messaging and positioning within the context of the larger industry.
- Assist in preparing spokespeople and assisting in the execution of positive media interviews.
- Maintain communications standards, policies and processes in alignment with corporate marketing and communications best practices.
- Manage metrics and reporting methods to measure and communicate the effectiveness and progress of PR, AR and social media initiatives.
- Become an essential resource to the communications and partner team to leverage external communications and media to drive consistent messages in support of Commvault’s PartnerAdvantage Program and partner ecosystem
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in public relations, preferably in the enterprise IT market
- Experienced in writing and editing content and media engagement
- Thorough understanding of communication and social media processes and industry best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and execute large projects and deadlines
- Strong teamwork focus and ability to work across both global as well as cross-functional organizations
- Ability to be a self-starter, and balance a variety of projects in real-time, with outstanding skills in project management, and organization
- Confident and poised in the face of challenging situations
- Demonstrate executive presence and be comfortable and confident with top executives
- Have strong speaking and writing skills, and be able to operation under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, marketing or similar. At least 3-5 years of applicable experience.
- Position is based at headquarters in Tinton Falls, NJ. Requires minimal travel depending on location.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!