Distribution Sales Manager, Metallic
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Metallic, the SaaS division of Commvault, is looking for a Distribution Sales Manager to drive and grow relationships with strategic distributors. Like a startup within the company, Metallic is a lean, cross-functional team dedicated to launching new SaaS solutions with partners. This role is a key part of the channel team and will be responsible for distributor revenue targets, business plans, and operational milestones. The Distribution Sales Manager will act as the relationship manager for Metallic with the distributors, and will also work closely with the broader Commvault channel teams. The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator with channel experience and a desire to build and scale a business.
How you will make an impact:
- Meet and exceed revenue and new logo targets with key distributors
- Act as relationship owner for Metallic with key distribution partners, growing existing relationships and building new relationships as needed
- Build and execute distributor business plans and go-to-market activities, with clear goals and outcomes
- Collaborate with other members of the channel team to identify new resellers for distributors to onboard, and oversee onboarding process
- Drive distributor demand gen and marketing activities for reseller partners
- Understand and present Metallic value proposition (positioning, products, technologies, capabilities) to distributors and resellers
- Work closely with Metallic business operations team to facilitate quoting and transaction fulfillment processes with distributors
- Analyze and adjust sales activities and product mix as needed based on sales trends
- Train distributor salespeople and vendor specialists as needed
- Participate in industry events and make presentations as needed
- Travel to distributor locations for enablement and QBRs
What you need to Be Ready:
- 5-7+ years of distribution, channel management, or business development experience
- Experience with major IT distributors like Arrow or Ingram Micro a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset: willingness to roll up your sleeves and contribute in a startup-like environment
- Ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- Proven experience influencing senior-level partner executives
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, clear and concise
- Strong time management, business planning, and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to interface with both partners and customers effectively and professionally
- Interest / passion for new technology and SaaS solutions a plus
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!