Specialist Sales Engineer- Sweden
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Specialist Sales Engineer (Central Resource) (Swedish and English Speaking)
The Commvault Sales Engineer is an internal technical sales support position responsible for pre-sales support to our field Sales Engineers, our Inside Sales force and our Partner community, working directly with current and prospective clients. The role typically supports the local Inside Sales Representatives, primarily within a country or region and as needed assisting EMEA counterparts as part of the newly established Central Services.
The Specialist SE will deploy his or her skills on opportunities as identified by field SE / ISR or Partners to help drive customer technical acceptance and decision throughout the sales and technical life cycle. The position requires a technical person who understands how his or her decisions impact and influence the customer’s bottom line whilst driving revenue for Commvault. They must become a trusted advisor at all levels and contribute to the overall success of Commvault. The Specialist SE drives or supports sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; delivering on technical excellence; scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; executing demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Work as a part of the EMEA Central Services team to engage on new opportunities and technical qualification of new leads.
- Assist & Help building the run rate pipeline within the assigned territory or region.
- Anticipate technology trends and successfully build strong relationships with partners and internal departments (sales, support, business units, product management, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
- Embrace calling partners and customers proactively without a Sales Representative or Account Executive.
- Present to and engage with the customer to qualify and understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be addressed with Commvault solutions.
- Proactive in building relationships with partner accounts and driving business opportunities.
- Distil the pre-sales discovery into a concise message, outlining the key technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies /challenges that Commvault addresses with its solution.
- Collaborate with the creation and presentation of a business case to business sponsors (technical partners, etc.) in support of the Commvault solution.
- Collaborate with the creation and presentation of Partner Enablement collateral and support the build of short customer informational technical videos, using various format to acquire customer attention.
- Main focus on demonstrating Commvault solutions through the use of presentations, existing customer solutions, white board, demo’s, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", etc.
- Support RFI / RFP response and progress accordingly, helping build a bank of collateral.
- Actively participate in sales and regional meetings, adding value and technical leadership on all topics.
- Continuously develop and maintain technical and market expertise through training, Webinars, Certifications, conferences, etc.
- Keep management and relevant internal groups informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results
- Pre-sales / systems / sales engineer role, inside or field.
- Software or storage industry.
- Working with partners and customer facing roles.
Education in Computer Science/engineering or related and proven technical experience in IT industry preferred.
Product skills in:
- Cloud technologies, O365, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, tape drives, libraries, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Windows, Linux and/ or UNIX and (Server and Client) Operating Systems, virtualization technologies, SQL, Exchange, Oracle database.
- Hyper-V, VMware VCP, NetApp, EMC, HDS, or Microsoft Azure / AWS experience or certifications a plus.
- Enterprise application exposure of SAP HANA, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.
Industry knowledge of:
- Software defined Storage, Veritas NBU, Enterprise Vault, Rubrik, Cohesity, EMC Networker, Avamar, IBM TSM or other backup/data management solutions.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!