Technical Solutions Architect UK
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Technical Solution Architect (TSA) is a technical senior sales engineering position responsible for orchestrating pre-sales engagement to 3-5 current and prospective large, complex Global accounts; working directly with an in-region Client Executive, GSIs, alliance partners, and customers to build, demo and sell technical solutions that meet the distributed/complex Globals accounts needs.
The position requires a strong technical leader who understands how his or her decisions impact and influence the customer’s bottom line while at the same time drive revenue for Commvault. The TSA must be seen as a trusted advisor at all levels within an account (C-Suite, technical stakeholders, etc.), as well as, be a team leader, mentor, teach, and contribute to overall success of Commvault.
The TSA drives or supports complex sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; coordinating technical expertise; sizing, scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; coordinating demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
Technical Solution Architects are expected to have a heightened level of autonomy and extend their experience to the broader team in the form of district level leadership and mentorship.
- Proven Strong track record of delivering, presenting, selling, and supporting enterprise clients
- Advanced knowledge of Commvault’s competitive landscape e.g. Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, VEEAM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Cohesity, Rubrik, etc.
- Proven advanced experience selling, conducting Proof of Concept (POC), architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.).
- Ability to work independently in a rapid growth environment where priorities, roles and responsibilities are continuously updated to meet market and customer demands.
- Experienced in leading and training teams of specialists to support customers and sales cycles to successful outcomes.
- Advanced experience and training others on common Software licensing practices (cloud, perpetual, term, maintenance)
- Advanced knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major open systems operating system, hypervisor and cloud.
- Strong Enterprise application exposure and knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of infrastructure technologies such as storage, servers, networking, cloud, hyper-convergence, etc.
- Requires advanced consultative selling skills which pair product expertise with strong business, industry and competitive acumen. Proven experience with business case creation and TCO modeling are definite pluses for this role.
- Success penetrating and managing a 3-5 major accounts (Fortune Global 100-500).
- Excellent written, presentation, and communication skills; ability to build and maintain business relationships.
- Ability to work in an organized, procedural manner using tools such as Salesforce.com to facilitate process and information organization and has experience training other team members.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related and proven technical field experience in IT industry preferred.
- Advanced Sales methodology experience (TAS, SPIN, Solution Selling, Challenger, etc.)
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!