Specialised Sales Rep - UK
The Specialty Sales Manager is responsible for achieving quota by selling solutions into a defined account list that includes current Commvault customers and high value prospects. The position is a field sales role where the AM will engage in face-to-face sales with customers and prospects either directly or through partners and working in conjunction with Commvault Core Sales team. The Specialty Sales Manager (SSM) plans, organizes, leads and controls focused sales growth on a specific set of offerings, account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-quarter basis. This individual may lead a cross-functional sales team and is responsible for creating sales campaigns to penetrate/expand his/her target accounts. The SSM must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the customers’ environment, current challenges/goals and have the ability to align Commvault solutions to those challenges/goals including a financial and strategic value proposition. The candidate must have a history of success in selling complex software solutions and ideally have should have some level of prior engagement with the target account set.
How you will make an impact:
- Achieve quarterly and annual quotas by selling to new and established - large, complex prospects and customer.
- Develop and implement Strategic account plans for target account expansion and new account acquisition including performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
- Create sale campaigns into target accounts and closely coordinate company executive involvement with customer/prospect leadership.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
- Manage a matrixed sales team; liaison with clients, Deal Desk, inside sales, partners, channels, sales engineers, professional services, finance and legal to drive a prospect to close.
- Establish and maintain a productive, professional relationship with key personnel in assigned customer/prospect accounts.
- Construct and deliver tangible business cases at the CXO level including financial (ROI & TCO), technical and strategic value propositions.
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients.
- Identify and build strategic relationships with partners and alliances that have existing relationships with the assigned target accounts.
- Negotiate and close deals following the company’s practices and processes.
- Ensure orders meet all legal and financial requirements.
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry, Commvault and competitive knowledge.
- Plan, attend and coordinate executive briefings.
- Leverage internal sales tools and processes to drive opportunities to a successful close.
Position Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ sales experience.
- Minimum of five years demonstrated success in software sales at the enterprise level; selling six-and-seven figure deals and managing an integrated selling team.
- Minimum five years’ experience in the storage management industry.
- Deep understanding of the storage management or data management industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace.
- Minimum of two years success in identifying, building relationships and selling directly or with partners.
- Excellent communication skills, persuasive, listening skills.
- Background in IT infrastructure.
- Experience of MEDDIC sales methodology or similar would be an advantage.
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!