Head of Professional Services (Remote EMEA)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Commvault is seeking an experienced Services Leader to lead our Global Professional Services team. As the Head of Global Professional Services, you will have the responsibility for building and managing the teams who are delivering Commvault solutions, and ensuring our implementations are successful. You must be a hands-on leader who can think, and act strategically but also enjoys diving into the details. You will leverage your expertise in developing new services and processes that scale as we expand our portfolio. You must be an experienced leader, mentor, and coach who is able to scale an organization, while guiding team members through the challenges of growth. To be successful in this role, you must be a hands-on leader who enjoys spending time with customers while also being able to think and act strategically, often within the same day. You will work in a dynamic, high-growth environment across a variety of teams to serve progressively larger and more complex customers as the business grows. And you must have experience managing organizational and project financials, customer negotiations, and building and growing a PS practice.
- Build and lead a world class and Professional Services organization. Own all aspects of PS strategy, hiring, service offering development, services P&L, and project success for our global PS team.
- Direct the activities of the team through ongoing oversight of active projects, ensuring we deliver on time, within budget, and with high quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure our teams follow best practices, processes and identify opportunities to improve our methodologies and tools.
- Develop relationships at senior levels in our customer's organizations including with executive sponsors, key business and IT stakeholders, and other project leaders.
- Act as the escalation point for project issues, work with the team to develop solutions to problems, drive customer alignment, and be accountable for project success.
- Work with the Global Sales and Customer Success leadership teams to adapt our services sales strategy.
- Actively manage practice financials including team utilization, budget vs actual hours and project margins.
- Leverage expert resources within Professional Services to estimate and propose solutions that meet customer needs
- Develop, retain, recruit, and train top talent Develop, empower, and mentor the teams to provide exceptional service and solutions to all our end customers, partners, and internal teams.
- Escalation point for project/customer issues
- Collaborate on service delivery infrastructure – including automation platform, activity-tracking, document management, and customer collaboration tools
- Own Professional Services P&L responsibility and deliver on annual growth targets.
- Act as an escalation point for customers and team members to help resolve complex / critical customer situations, and collaborate across Commvault to resolve customer issues
What you bring
- 15+ years client facing software implementation and/or consulting experience, with demonstrated success managing enterprise scale projects.
- 10+ years leading services/consulting teams either for technology product organizations or technology services organizations
- 10+ years’ experience in services delivery management of enterprise projects in an enterprise software environment
- Must have experience in data management and backup and recovery.
- Strong Technical acumen is a must.
- Experience leading a 100+ person PS organization. Must have the ability to recruit, hire, and lead a high-functioning Professional Services team.
- Deep expertise in project and program management for enterprise software deployments including team dynamics, scope & budget control, program governance, executive reporting, and project financials.
- Experience leading services sales activities, including proposal generation, SOW creation, selling PS, change orders, and client negotiations.
- Independent, adaptable, and can thrive in a fast-paced growth environment.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal, written, and presentation formats.
- Ability to travel globally based on customer and project needs
- Demonstrable business acumen and understanding of services P&L components
- Previous experience in designing, implementing, and improving new services capabilities, including go-to-market pricing, packaging, and enablement
- Expert-level knowledge of industry-leading services management models, including:
- Project planning and estimation models
- You're comfortable being hands-on, detail-orientated and shifting between the tactical and strategic. You are driven to serve the growth needs of the team by leveraging a career coaching approach and employee advancement opportunities.
- You have built a Professional Services team from the ground up and experienced every part of the full life cycle from scoping and quoting through delivery.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!