Metallic operates as a division of Commvault—think of us like a startup within a larger company. On the team are some of the original minds from Commvault--industry veterans who have had a hand in the Commvault platform's early code, who have seen it all when it comes to backup and recovery. We're joined by leaders who are new to the family, having helped shape world-class SaaS customer experiences in other industries. Together, we collaborate as a cross-functional team, often working “war room” style, to bring customers our enterprise-grade backup and recovery technology through simple SaaS delivery.
Senior Solution Engineer
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Senior Solutions Engineer
- Master’s(preferred) or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of working experience in the development and integration of solutions utilizing SaaS/PaaS based Customer Data Management platforms.
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS or GCP (Azure Preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-focused role such as presales, product design, professional services, technical account management or technical support.
- Experience in developing high-level technology architecture design of current and future state solution based on business requirements and value propositions.
- Ability to identify problems by parsing logs, use log monitoring tools and solve issues and provide workarounds on the fly.
- Work with engineering, product management to identify workarounds or solutions and deliver to the customer in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with Azure DevOps or JIRA, Microsoft Office suite.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Salesforce experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Engage with various stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Ability to interface with employees and customers at all levels
- Self-starter, results and team-oriented individual
- The successful candidate will have a great team attitude, strong desire to collaborate and contribute to our culture.
- Assist junior members of the Solutions Engineering team.
- Lead new customers through initial implementation, ensuring the customer’s data is configured accurately
- Ability to drive Proof of Concepts from requirements gathering, defining success criteria and Test Cases.
- Work as a liaison between SRE/SaaSOps and Customer Success to complete necessary business tasks for proper new customer onboarding
- Provide internal and external feedback for product issues and provide enhancement requests.
- Provide advanced level of customer service to new Metallic customers to ensure optimal onboarding experience
- Partner with Customer Success to be a key contact for first two weeks during onboarding time; which will consist of Zoom calls and scheduled follow up meetings as needed
- Respond to escalated customer issues or questions, providing solutions to customer cases and partnering with Customer Success and Support where needed
- Provide pre-sales support to sales team as necessary
- Provides best-practice training to new and current Metallic customers while partnering with Customer Success.
- Monitor key metrics on onboarding plan and work with team to propose new solutions to meet plan goals
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!