Specialty Sales Representative (Northern CA/Pacific NW)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Specialty Sales Representative is responsible for achieving quota by selling solutions into a defined account list that includes current Commvault customers and high value prospects. The position is a field sales role where the Sales Representative will engage in face-to-face sales with customers and prospects either directly or through partners and working in conjunction with Commvault Core Sales team. The Specialty Sales Representative (SSR) plans, organizes, leads and controls focused sales growth on a specific set of offerings, account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-quarter basis. The SSR must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the customers’ environment, current challenges/goals and have the ability to align Commvault solutions to those challenges/goals including a financial and strategic value proposition. The candidate must have a history of success in selling complex software solutions and ideally have should have some level of prior engagement with the target account set.
How you will make an impact:
- Achieve quarterly and annual quotas by selling to new and established - large, complex prospects and customers
- Develop and implement Strategic account plans for target account expansion and new account acquisition including performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period
- Create sale campaigns into target accounts and closely coordinate company executive involvement with customer/prospect leadership
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- Establish and maintain a productive, professional relationship with key personnel in assigned customer/prospect accounts
- Construct and deliver tangible business cases at the CXO level including financial (ROI & TCO), technical and strategic value propositions
- Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients
- Identify and build strategic relationships with partners and alliances that have existing relationships with the assigned target accounts
- Negotiate and close deals following the company’s practices and processes
- Ensure orders meet all legal and financial requirements
- Maintain a high level of relevant industry, Commvault and competitive knowledge
- Leverage internal sales tools and processes to drive opportunities to a successful close
What you need to be ready:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years demonstrated success in software sales at the enterprise level; selling six-and-seven figure deals
- Minimum five years’ experience in the storage management industry
- Deep understanding of the storage management or data management industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace
- Minimum of two years success in identifying, building relationships and selling directly or with partners
- Excellent communication skills, persuasive, listening skills
- Background in IT infrastructure
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!