Channel Account Manager (West)
Commvault is currently seeking a Channel Account Manager (CAM) to join our Routes to Market organization. The successful candidate is a motivated and proactive relationship builder managing Commvault Market Builder, Premier and Investment Partners. The objective of this role is to accelerate Commvault sales growth by effectively engaging and enabling key partners in a defined district(s). This role requires moderate to heavy travel within the districts(s)and occasional travel outside of the districts(s) for training, planning sessions, and industry events.
Position Responsibilities Include:
The primary responsibility is to grow our partnerships with a set of key partners in a defined districts(s), and will require 80% of your time. This time includes, relationship building, business planning, joint selling, delivering training, driving partner demand generation activities and tracking key growth plan metrics. Key skill sets for this function include a combination of sales, relationship building, highly effective prioritization and multi-tasking, excellent presentation skills.
The 2nd priority for this role is to spend about 20% of the time managing all other channel tasks in the district(s). This includes recruiting new partners and responding to all non-key partners request. There are also general functions you’ll be responsible for which fit into this category including program administration activities. The key skill sets for this function is the ability to quickly prioritize, leverage resources, and complete these tasks to limit time spent here to less than 1 day per week.
Position Requirements Include:
- 7+ years of demonstrated sales and channel management success with customers and technology partners
- Knowledge of backup software, hybrid cloud technology and storage
- Comfortable working with multiple decision-makers at all levels of a partner and client organization
- Experience in building district(s) and partner growth plans
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and a self-starter, comfortable working remotely and autonomously
- Ability to travel with the needs of the role; 50%+ travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related field, or equivalent experience
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!