Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a pre-sales support role primarily focused on providing technical sales support to Commvault’s partners and channel. The role supports partner-focused sales teams deploying their skills to influence and drive though the sales cycle. The position requires a strong technical contributor who understands how their decisions impact and influence customer value while at time driving revenue for Commvault. The SE is seen as a trusted advisor at all levels within an account (C-Suite, technical stakeholders, etc.). as well as, be a team leader, mentor, teach, and contribute to overall success of Commvault. The SE drives or supports complex sales opportunities by translating business requirements into solution technical requirements; coordinating technical expertise; sizing, scoping, defining delivery and deployment approach, timeline, and required resources; coordinating demonstrations and proof-of-concept; and supporting internal deal acceptance.
- Experience in the software or storage industry serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role.
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting Enterprise Clients - working or competitive knowledge of e.g. VEEAM, Rubrik, Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, Commvault Simpana, etc.
- Proven experience selling, conducting Proof of Concept (POC) architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.).
- Experience with common Software licensing practices (cloud, perpetual, term, maintenance)
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (SAP, Oracle, Exchange, db2, SharePoint, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, tape drives, libraries, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments.
- Requires consultative selling skills which pair product expertise with strong business, industry and competitive acumen.
- Experience in working with cloud IaaS and PaaS (AWS, MS Azure, Google, Alicloud)
- Experience with kubernetes/container applications will be preferred.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!