Metallic operates as a division of Commvault—think of us like a startup within a larger company. On the team are some of the original minds from Commvault--industry veterans who have had a hand in the Commvault platform's early code, who have seen it all when it comes to backup and recovery. We're joined by leaders who are new to the family, having helped shape world-class SaaS customer experiences in other industries. Together, we collaborate as a cross-functional team, often working “war room” style, to bring customers our enterprise-grade backup and recovery technology through simple SaaS delivery.
Architect, SAAS DevSecOps
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
We have done it again, Commvault SAAS venture Metallic is growing strong. Are you a DevSecOps engineer who thrives in a fast-moving environment and leads a Security First mindshare for their team and the company? Here at Metallic, we are breaking new grounds in Cloud Data Management technologies and looking for such a dynamic leader who can bring his or her Cloud Security, SaaS platform management, operations, DevOps, Azure and team leadership experience to deliver a zero trust DevSecOps model for the platform.
As a DevSecOps Engineer you will help to further secure our customer data, application, and infrastructure from global and growing cybersecurity threats. You will assist in building and deploying cloud infrastructure pipelines and integrate security tooling into our platform with a Zero Trust security model point of view. You will leverage your experience within the cloud security space to work closely among security, product, and engineering teams to assess and remediate risk, as well as design and support new security-related processes within our SRE and Software Development Lifecycle. You will maintain an understanding of and defend against the latest threats. As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will play an important role in our delivery of an exceptional experience to our customers all around the world with security at top of mind.
Work directly with our security, IT, product, and engineering teams to implement security best practices across our infrastructure and applications.
Secure our infrastructure and applications in the cloud, leveraging end-to-end EDR/NDR/SRE tool chains including cloud security posture management services, Infrastructure-as-Code automation, and other industry best practices.
Secure our Software Development Life-Cycle by participating in and improving security-related phases of the cycle.
Maintain an understanding of the latest cybersecurity threats, key compliance standards such as SOC 2 type 2, NIST, ISO27001, GDRP etc. and implement best practices for continuous security management.
Act as a first-responder for, and lead to resolution, all security-related incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience as a DevSecOps Engineer working in AWS or Azure.
- 6+ years experience in a security engineering position.
- 10+ years experience in IT.
- Strong experience securing Cloud Infrastructure in AWS and Azure (IAM, VPC, Route 53, ELB, EC2, Lambda, RDS, Redshift, Elasticache, S3, Cloudtrail, GuardDuty, Azure Security Center, Azure Frontdoor, Azure Functions, Azure PaaS services, Azure Blob etc ...) via automation (Terraform, Ansible, etc).
- Strong experience securing web applications (OWASP).
- Strong experience implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting and incident response processes and technologies.
- Strong experience administering linux and windows-based systems.
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools.
- Strong knowledge of threat modelling and risk assessment techniques.
- Experience with Git, CI/CD (Jenkins)
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, Power Shell, Bash.
- Exposure to Kubernetes (Good to have)
- Experience with databases such as SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, NoSQL etc
- Experience securing critical production environments with peta bytes of data across global cloud regions.
- Experience running and automating vulnerability scanning systems (Qualys, Tenable (Nessus), Rapid7 (Nexpose), et al.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in a global team.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!