Technical Account Manager
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a Technical Account Manager located in the Denver, CO area to consult on the architecture with the customer's enterprise architects, and discuss strategic support challenges with their IT management teams. This role involves a blend of onsite work with the customer and offsite customer management.
The TAM interfaces directly with the ESP Support Account Management (“SAM”) team in successful resource allocation, whether onsite or via remote, necessary to ensure customer success with their Commvault environment. This position interfaces directly with Enterprise Support Program "ESP" customer personnel on both a scheduled and ad-hoc basis to provide high level technical assistance in addressing each customer’s short and long term business objectives.
How you will make an impact:
- Provide a strategic value technical point of contact for ESP Customers to whom the TAM is assigned.
- Ensures a strong and seamless relationship by maintaining communications about all customer Commvault initiatives to the team: ESP SAM Team, Support Management, Sales, SEs, as needed.
- Within the first 60 days, complete a “Customer Profile Document” associated with engaging the ESP Customer Commvault Team in order to establish customer technical rapport and act as a liaison between customer, Customer Support, Product Management, and Development. This plan will be refreshed every 90 days.
- Customer Site Architecture
- Customer’s business objectives
- Customer requirements associated with engaging with Commvault Customer Support
- On validation of this profile with customer and Commvault Account Management personnel, the TAM will brief Customer Support Team in order to ensure quality support for that ESP Customer.
- Escalate any customer-raised support issues regarding support to the Commvault ESP SAM Team and assist in managing customer expectations regarding support, as needed.
- Ensure customer adherence to Support processes in order to align with ESP Program SLA requirements
- Assist in qualifying Customer escalations associated with support issues as warranted
- Coordinate monthly, or as required, scheduled on site meetings with customer to inform customer of new technologies, best practice adherence guidelines or knowledge transfer sessions.
- Provide customer with Sr. Level Commvault technical assistance in identifying programmatic, configuration, or use case scenarios that negatively impact the aggregate success of the Commvault deployment and drive support call volumes
- Uses in-depth knowledge of Customer to identify other solutions opportunities within accounts and communicate these opportunities to the Commvault Account Team.
- Participates in Quarterly Business Review with the Commvault ESP SAM team and engage with
- Customer and Commvault management to establish or revise procedures and processes as necessary
What you need to succeed:
- Advanced administration and troubleshooting of Windows and UNIX server environments.
- Troubleshooting, administration, and configuration of IP networks.
- Advanced Administration and Engineering level experience with the Commvault Data Management Solution.
- Previous experience with other backup software
- Knowledge and experience with Storage Area Networks and NAS devices.
- Experience and understanding of data management & information life cycle management.
- Previous administration experience of enterprise class applications.
- Troubleshooting and configuration of SCSI, iSCSI and FC devices.
- Ability to interact with people at multiple levels of the customer's organization -- from operations director to backup administrators, developers, product managers and engineers.
- Ability to cultivate a good relationship with Commvault development and customer support
- Working knowledge of support processes and workflow.
Commvault product knowledge -- ideally in a large enterprise or managed services environment (multiple CommCells).
- Knowledge of Commvault reporting capabilities.
- SQL query writing skills and basic knowledge (using JOIN in SQL queries to gather data from more than one table in a single query, what is a SQL view, etc).
- Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
- Knowledge of VMware vCenter and vCloud, Hyper-V, MS server platform and applications (e.g.
- Exchange, SQL Server), Linux (basic knowledge), Oracle databases and RACs (basic knowledge)
- Experience working with or developing tools to automate repetitive tasks (i.e. ability to think like a developer to work with Managed Service Provider's automation developers).
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!