Named Account Executive
The Named Account Executive (NAE) directly generates bookings by identifying and developing a customer base, selling solutions to new and existing key and strategic customers through face-to-face contact either directly or through partners, and proactively managing accounts within the territory. The NAE plans, organizes, leads and controls balanced sales growth, continued account penetration and customer satisfaction on a long-term multi-quarter basis. This individual may lead a cross-functional sales team, and create sales campaigns to penetrate their accounts. The individual for this role must have the ability to articulate an in-depth understanding of the customers’ environment; possess advanced certifications in technology and/or sales excellence; and have a history of success in selling complex software platform (vs. IT component or narrow focused tools).
Position Responsibilities include:
• Develop and implement Strategic account plans and approaches in line with the overall strategy formulated by the VP Americas Enterprise standards.
• Proactively leads a joint company-strategic account planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones for a one and three-year period.
• Create Sales Campaigns into large accounts and closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management.
• Identify and qualify leads, and generate new business opportunities in order to achieve revenue quota on a quarterly and annual basis
• Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
• Establish and maintain a productive, professional relationship with key personnel in assigned customer accounts.
• Manage a matrixed sales team; liaison with clients, Deal Desk, inside sales, partners, channels, sales engineers, professional services, finance and legal to drive a prospect to close
• Identify and build strategic relationships and leverage partners; manage partner relationships, roll out partner programs, manage partner sales and technical enablement and approve deal registrations
• Prepare and present sales proposals and presentations to new and existing clients
• Negotiate and close deals following the company’s practices and processes
• Ensure orders meet all legal and financial requirements, and manage receivables
• Analyze potential sales opportunities by using data analyses, segmented research and information to identify the attributes most valued by the potential clients
• Monitor competitors and maintain client database
• Maintain high level, executive contact with accounts, focusing on the establishment and maintenance of C-level strategic relationships
• Demonstrate the ability to construct a tangible business case by compiling customer asset information and comparing to CV requirements to illustrate a multi-year TCO or ROI
• Demonstrates ability to engage CXO level within an organization and present organizations offerings.
• Plan, attend and coordinate executive briefings
• Build and maintain network of partners and has existing relationships with C-levels on current account plans
• Collaborate with strategic partners to share information and obtain prospects
• Work with channel to plan Meet in the Channel strategy with VARS, OEMs and DMRs.
• Sells To new and established - large, complex prospects and existing customer accounts with established run rates
Position Requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ sales experience.
• Minimum of five years demonstrated success in net new software sales at the enterprise level; selling six-and-seven figure deals and managing an integrated selling team
• Minimum five years’ experience in the storage management industry
• Deep understanding of the storage management or data management industry, products, competitors, history, emerging trends and changing marketplace
• Minimum of two years success in identifying, building relationships and selling directly or with partners
• Excellent communication skills, persuasive, listening skills
• Background in IT infrastructure
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!