Regional Field Marketing Manager (Chicago)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Reporting to the Head of Americas Marketing, you will own the in-region planning and execution of all demand generation activities to include field marketing, channel marketing and alliances marketing. You will work with regional sales and channel leaders to create and deploy regional marketing plans that drives net new logos and up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
The successful individual will leverage strong marketing, communications and relationship management skills to launch field, channel and alliances marketing programs into the region and is best suited for someone who can think strategically and execute tactically. You will liaison with regional sales team, Value Added Distributors (VADs), Value Added Resellers (VARs), Channel Account Managers (CAMs), Partner Business Managers (PBMs), alliance partners, Lead Development Team, Alliances Marketing Team, Commvault Corporate Marketing Teams (Product Marketing, Corporate Tradeshow, Marketing Campaigns, Digital Marketing, Branding, etc.) to provision, leverage, and, if necessary, create new content and assets needed to support your regional marketing plans.
This person will be responsible for executing marketing activities that increase product and brand awareness in the field, generate demand resulting in greater pipeline and sales revenue, track campaign performance and report back. This person is well versed on his/her region’s sales needs and objectives, will need to support company initiatives, give actionable feedback, share best practices and serve as an advocate and information source back to Corporate. The ideal candidate will need to be metrics driven and will be measured on target lead goals and marketing generated opportunities.
- Work with regional Enterprise, Commercial and Channel sales leaders and field teams to create quarterly Regional Marketing Plans that generate net new logos, up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Create and deploy quarterly channel and alliances marketing plans/activities with top focused partners, driving field execution to ensure programs and activities are executed in a timely manner.
- Work with CAMs and PBMs to ensure alignment on Business Development Funds (BDF) and that all channel activities will generate measurable leads and sales opportunities
- Work with CAMs, PBMs, and channel partners to submit BDF requests and secure necessary approvals. Guide VARs/VADs through the Commvault BDF Approval Process.
- Deliver flawless event execution, ensuring all events are well attended, promoted on various social channels with proper leads hand off to the Leads Development Team for post event follow-up
- Track lead flow to ensure the appropriate Sales channels are following up on marketing activities in a timely manner
- Meet frequently with field sales reps, sales leaders, CAMs, PBMs, Lead Development Teams, and top reseller partners
- Represent the overall marketing department and promote global programs, initiatives, and launches in sales and channel partner meetings
- Design & execute 1:1, 1: few, and broad-based marketing initiatives to meet pipeline requirements of varied account segments
- Manage regional program budget and execution including discretionary BDF with channel partners
- Communicate program status, action items, results, and deliverables across marketing and sales.
- Manage external contracts and vendors as needed to execute field marketing events and activities, working with internal marketing operations individuals and systems to ensure contracts are executed and payments are made.
Position Requirements Include:
- Strong track record of B2B field marketing and demand generation (especially lead generation and nurturing, marketing campaign execution and measurement), partner marketing experience a plus.
- 5-7 years’ field marketing experience
- Experience of campaign planning and development, event management, digital and email marketing, lead management and nurture
- Hands-on experience and proficiency with marketing automation platforms (Marketo ideal), and Salesforce plus some social media and digital marketing knowledge.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong project management skills, and proven ability to manage numerous diverse projects.
- Demonstrate willingness to 'roll up their sleeves' to get things done.
- A collaborative and flexible personality who adapts easily to change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!