Principal Architect- Business Applications (Remote)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
This role is critical in building a solid platform for Commvault to scale its business processes, using consistent principles and approach to technology and process decisions and choices. This role supports the rest of Commvault’s Business Technology team in driving a common vision and set of principles for application choices and design decisions. This is a business facing role – the person is expected to understand business requirements alongside our Business System Analysts, to have an architecture road-map that meets current and future business demand.
- Define and document architecture map and set architecture guiding principles and objectives for Commvault’s application stack – including business continuity and disaster recovery, data integrity, and security
- Collaborate with internal teams to create a road-map to achieve architectural objectives
- Help experiment and test various solutions and design principles
- Oversee and document key software and platform decisions and vendor selections, Salesforce and sales related tools to begin with – ensuring adherence to key design and architecture guiding principles and consistent technical decisions making process, including buy vs. build
- Incorporate short-term and long-term business objectives and requirements into design and solutions
- Oversee and document key design decisions for application software, .Salesforce and related systems; over time for MS Dynamics and ERP systems.
- Review implementation plan and artifacts (code walk through, documentation, performance metrics, test plans, migration plans)
- Build business case and ROI or other metrics around key architecture decisions; provide similar support to Business System Analysts for key design decisions and option evaluations
- Provide assistance with prioritization of features and functions for applications teams
- Evaluate application technologies and vendor road-maps and make recommendations for best fits with our needs
- Identify key integration points and flows between applications and documenting them
- Review application (i.e. Salesforce) schema changes to ensure primarily they meet our standards & conventions but also that any underlying ‘new’ process is aligned with our road-map or similar processes already existing. Apply lessons learnt
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience
- Applying design and testing methods – understanding design and production procedures and standards to create prototypes and finished products is crucial to Application Architects
- Building teams – Application Architects must work closely with systems analysts, software developers, data managers and other team members to ensure successful production of application software. Demonstrated ability to work with teams and helping drive priorities without owning the teams responsible
- Integrating applications with existing systems – ensuring a seamless integration of new and existing systems to eliminate potential problems and maintain data structure and integrity is a vital skill for Application Architects
- Recent experience with Salesforce design and hands on configuration or development
- Additional knowledge and experience with other enterprise applications, CRM, PRM or ERP
- Great written and verbal communication skills, beyond tech-speak – this is a business facing role
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!