Our office locations in Bangalore, Hyderabad and Pune invite Vaulters to launch their professional dreams and fulfill their cultural passions while continuing to build their careers in technical support, software engineering, customer success, marketing and HR. We at Commvault carry out social events that offer a range of activities to participate like sports and game events, women in tech, opportunities to volunteer for CSR programs, bring children to work-day as well as annual holiday celebrations in our offices that cater to our Vaulters’ individual interests.
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
The Customer Support Associate (Midline) is the intermediate technical role within the Customer Support organization. Growing Frontline members into ready-to-contribute Backline members. As Frontline members work through performing incident triage, the Midline with hands-on experience would be an effective backline engineer to bridge that gap.
Customer Support Associate (Midline) must have a solid technical foundation across areas such as Operating Systems (Wintel or Unix/ Linux), Networking, Cloud service models, Cloud computing and MS O365. They should have proven technical experience and sound troubleshooting methodology. They should have good communication skills and customer empathy.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Provide remote assistance to customers with their technical issues & queries.
- Maintain personal assigned incident queues, keeping customers updated regularly.
- Keep incident backlog and aged calls within defined ranges
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction levels to within or above defined range.
- Act as the first point of contact for Customer incidents reported by telephone, email ensuring all processes and agreed upon standards are followed.
- Successfully interact through phone and email with customers as you solve their problems
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex customer issues (backline to FL)
- Maintain case ownership and keep customers informed of progress on their issues by contacting them periodically with updates.
- Consistently meet/exceed customer account needs; identify opportunities to enhance the delivery of company service and support goals.
- Dedication to the success and satisfaction of our customers
- Work independently and as a team to come up with the best solutions to a customer problem.
- Continually pursue on-going training and development opportunities to advance skill sets and, in turn, the ability to effectively deliver to Customers.
- Maintain an on-going awareness of the Customer base and ensure delivery against contractual obligations.
Position Requirements include:
- BS Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical degree or equivalent of a minimum 7 years of industry-based experience using enterprise level platforms and applications.
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with contemporary Operating Systems, Networking Concepts, and Computer Security concepts.
- Working knowledge of Commvault solutions preferred.
- Understanding backup theory and design. Backup and data management fundamentals
- Proven ability to utilize ticket data, product documentation and other resources to research and resolve client technical issues.
- Strong customer services/satisfaction ethic.
- Excellent telephone etiquette, including strong verbal communication and listening skills.
- Solid written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Technical acumen, ability to learn new technologies quickly and then leverage gained knowledge.
- Must be able to work productively and autonomously without significant assistance; must be able to multi-task and effectively prioritize within a high volume/time-sensitive environment.
- Enjoy working in a technical team environment.
- Customer focused approach with strong customer service skills.
- Very well organized and able to effectively prioritize work.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Find out more about our Hyderabad office
We like to celebrate – the big stuff and the small. We host numerous events to allow our Vaulters to kick back and enjoy each other’s company. From birthdays to sports, team outings and bring your kids to work day, Vaulters love celebrating each other.
Family first: No questions asked when your energy in needed elsewhere. We hold our employees accountable for results rather than the number of hours they spend in the office.
Growth at Commvault
Join an organization that has enjoyed six straight years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant! Commvault opened in Hyderabad in 2014 with a handful of engineers and has now grow to 160. We expanded to Bangalore in 2012 – the Silicon Valley of India – again with a handful and now we are pushing 90. We opened in Pune in 2016 and we are building a new location in Hyderabad – are you ready to join us?
The Way We Work and Give Back
We believe your work speaks for itself, and we are ready to listen All are welcome to reach out to one another, regardless of title and tenure.
Since 2014, we have returned two percent of our profits to the communities in which we live and work. We teach computer classes in rural areas. We also partner with Save the Children for an initiative to prevent child trafficking, and more.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!