Technical Specialist – Associate - Server
The Customer Support Associate works within a team of technical support professionals aimed at delivering technical solutions for Commvault’s customer base. This customer base has a wide range of technical ability and this role has no ceiling, you will own an issue from initial pick-up all the way to working with the development team on identifying a possible solution. This position is part of our Server group in our Customer Support Center. This is an excellent opportunity for innovative and collaborative technologists to join a global team that has led the industry in satisfaction seven years in a row. We offer innovative training, interesting colleagues, and the opportunity to grow with us. Our Server Group is focused around but not limited to backups of Windows Server environments within the Commvault suite, this includes networking, troubleshooting, connectivity, name resolution and performance based issues on an OS and or hardware. We are a source of expertise for not just our customer base but also our partners and consultants on site.
You get the “Freedom to make an impact, together”. We thrive upon collaboration by designing our offices and cafes to spark conversation about work and fun. Although we hail from all walks of life and speak dozens of languages, we’re passionate about equality and integrity. We “go beyond” each and every day.
We are looking for a Customer Support Associate with a genuine passion for all things tech to join our expert and super-friendly Server team.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex support problems
- Troubleshoot customer issues using remote desktop software
- Successfully interact through phone and email with customers as you solve their problems
- Dedication to the success and satisfaction of our customers
- Recreation of problems in house
- Root Cause Analysis and / or provision of examples of software bug
- Working independently and as a team to come up with the best solutions to a customer problem.
- Providing best-in-class phone based support for a variety of complex, time critical issues.
- Using and sharing your knowledge of a wide range of technologies
- Working remotely on enterprise level customers and dark sites
- Having the opportunity to build labs and simulators
- Ability to be involved in product BETA testing
- Contributing to our Solutions Engine and online forums
Position Requirements include:
- At least 5+ years of technical/customer support experience
- Thorough knowledge of administration and trouble shooting in Microsoft Windows Server operating system (think troubleshooting via the event logs, acquiring crash and application dumps, analysing network packets, windows firewall, VSS).
- Exposure to Microsoft SQL, understanding of Microsoft clustering technologies and experience of SAN highly desirable.
- Active directory. Recovery knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications.
- Networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution and performance based issues with OS and/or hardware.
- Understanding backup theory and design. Backup and data management fundamentals
- Previous experience with Commvault technologies is highly desirable as is other backup software such as Veritas, Symantec, Backup Exec, ShadowProtect, NetBackup, NetWorker, Avamar, VEEAM, or TSM is a plus
- Previous experience troubleshooting enterprise environments
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!