Technical Specialist Associate (HyperScale)
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Perform remote HyperScale appliance installations
- Perform proactive updates (firmware, driver, OS patches etc)
- Determine best install strategy for DR, Migration and other scenarios
- Join calls with frontline team to support customer preparedness
- Assist customers with any technical questions leading up to install
- Document install experiences
- Generate reports and updates for products, development and support management team on RIA successes and challenges to improve product and efficiency
- Interact with Fujitsu and work hands-on to overcome technical challenges and improve efficiency with troubleshooting and resolving issues
Position Requirements include:
- At least 5+ years of technical/customer support experience
- Thorough knowledge of administration and trouble shooting in storage technologies (think troubleshooting via the event logs, acquiring crash and application dumps, analysing network packets, firewall).
- Strong understanding of Linux
- Networking and troubleshooting connectivity, name resolution and performance based issues with OS and/or hardware.
- Understanding backup theory and design. Backup and data management fundamentals
- Previous experience with backup software such as Veritas, Symantec, Backup Exec, ShadowProtect, NetBackup, NetWorker, Avamar, VEEAM, or TSM is a plus
- Windows Skills - desirable
- Previous experience troubleshooting enterprise environments
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team player.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Find out more about our Hyderabad office
We like to celebrate – the big stuff and the small. We host numerous events to allow our Vaulters to kick back and enjoy each other’s company. From birthdays to sports, team outings and bring your kids to work day, Vaulters love celebrating each other.
Family first: No questions asked when your energy in needed elsewhere. We hold our employees accountable for results rather than the number of hours they spend in the office.
Growth at Commvault
Join an organization that has enjoyed six straight years in the Gartner Magic Quadrant! Commvault opened in Hyderabad in 2014 with a handful of engineers and has now grow to 160. We expanded to Bangalore in 2012 – the Silicon Valley of India – again with a handful and now we are pushing 90. We opened in Pune in 2016 and we are building a new location in Hyderabad – are you ready to join us?
The Way We Work and Give Back
We believe your work speaks for itself, and we are ready to listen All are welcome to reach out to one another, regardless of title and tenure.
Since 2014, we have returned two percent of our profits to the communities in which we live and work. We teach computer classes in rural areas. We also partner with Save the Children for an initiative to prevent child trafficking, and more.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!