Metallic operates as a division of Commvault—think of us like a startup within a larger company. On the team are some of the original minds from Commvault--industry veterans who have had a hand in the Commvault platform's early code, who have seen it all when it comes to backup and recovery. We're joined by leaders who are new to the family, having helped shape world-class SaaS customer experiences in other industries. Together, we collaborate as a cross-functional team, often working “war room” style, to bring customers our enterprise-grade backup and recovery technology through simple SaaS delivery.
Commvault is a worldwide leader in delivering backup and recovery for the progressive enterprise. Commvault enables you to protect, manage, and use your data, while managing it in a consistent, compliant way. Our automated solutions work on-prem and in the cloud, and work with the digital tools and procedures you’re already using. Keep your data accessible and actionable with a single solution that ensures your data is always available — no matter what.
Metallic, a Commvault venture, is currently seeking a SRE Engineer to join our Metallic team here in Commvault.Metallic is a “start-up” division inside of Commvault, building a next generation business. The successful candidate will possess proven experience supporting high performing IT projects by delivering robust SRE practices & solutions. The Metallic team is a fast-paced, agile, startup minded organization; so if you are ready to enhance your career as part of a new and innovative line of business, then this opportunity is for you!
How you will make an impact:
- Collaborate with Application Architects, Developers and System Engineers to capture functional and non-functional requirements.
- Continuously improve and increase the capabilities, scalability of our SaaS platform.
- Generate proper designs, diagrams and documentation and present to stakeholders.
- Using Agile methods [Scrum/Kanban] to organize project deliverables, to track and report progress.
- Support operations, meeting reliability and capacity requirements.
- Participate in rotating on-call duties and work across different time zone with a multi-national team.
- Develop tooling, policies, processes to drive and improve customer experience, engineering productivity.
- Implement & enforce compliance, SOC2, ISO guidelines, security frameworks and practices.
- Participate as a stakeholder in planning the product roadmap, sprint planning, stand-ups.
- Handle Escalations, Scrum master, Change, Problem, Incident Management.
What you need to be ready:
- ·Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- ·Nice to have certifications in AWS or Azure cloud platform.
- ·Overall 5+ years of IT experience.
- ·3+ years of critical production cloud automation experience.
- ·3+ years of strong experience in Python programing, and Python Frameworks.
- Strong experience and proven knowledge of Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Strong experience in Industry leading Observability solutions and technologies.
- Strong experience with containers, EKS, AKS, K8S platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Configuration Management, Deployment tools and IAAC practices.
- Strong experience in automating and orchestrating workloads across multiple public cloud providers
- Expert in tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS Cloud Formation, Salt, is a plus.
- Strong experience with Linux and open source software/technologies.
- Must have worked with product-based companies and experience in Supporting Engineering Org for Tactical & Strategic operations/tasks
- Exposure to ITIL framework, Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Participate in On-call support and Willingness to support during weekends.
- ·Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Commvault is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are always committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. and we will not discriminate against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we work.
Plug in now-
reach your career squad goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug in now!