Sales Engineer (SLED)
We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful Systems Engineer responsible for SLED accounts in GA, FL, AL and some of SC. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced pre-sales engineer with an understanding of driving revenue and pre-sales support to current and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will bring skills in channel partner management, sales engineering, solution creation, and customer decision making to this fast paced and rapid growing organization. This position may be based in or nearAtlanta, GA or Northern FL.
How you will make an impact:
- Work as part of pre-sales team to formulate account strategies including engaging and supporting resources from channel partners for SLED accounts in the assigned territory.
- Perform discovery while engaging with the customer to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated with Commvault.
- Formulate the discovery into a concise message, outlining the technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies/challenges that Commvault Software addresses.
- Create and present the business case surrounded by merits of a Commvault solution to C-level executives.
- Propose and demonstrate Commvault products through the use of demo’s, white board, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", presentations, etc.
- Own the technical relationship with Commvault accounts.
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensuring that technical account management best practices are being followed by the systems engineering team.
- Work with internal departments (sales, support, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
What you need to succeed:
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years in the software or storage industry; 2+ years of experience serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting SLED or Enterprise Clients - Working or competitive knowledge of Symantec NBU, EMC Networker, EMC Avamar, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, etc.
- Experience with Commvault solutions is a huge plus
- Prior experience selling, installing, and architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc.)
- Specialized knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major open systems operating system (UNIX or Windows)
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (Oracle, Exchange, Informix, SharePoint, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of tape drives, libraries, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- Success penetrating and managing major accounts (Fortune 500-1000)
- Ability to travel 30%+ of the time within assigned territory
Plug In Now-
Reach Your Career Squad Goals
Do you imagine ideas that others simply don’t? Do you think about making great, even greater? Do you get antsy waiting for change that doesn’t come? We do too—we are freeing the discovery of things yet defined. Plug into a community of like minded people striving to make an impact.Plug In Now!